The goal of the Alpinestars Supertech helmet family was to create the most advanced, protective and high-performance helmets possible for riders around the world. With the S-M10, Alpinestars' Helmet Development team designed the helmet to offer a perfect mix of excellent ventilation and unsurpassed comfort, to create a helmet with the lightest weight possible, without compromising any other aspect. The S-M10's design offers a smooth, attractive, aerodynamic profile and free of external channels and features that could act as
load point in the event of an impact or compromise the overall integrity of the helmet structure.The curvature of the surface helps reduce friction at the moment of impact, allowing for more efficient deflection and transfer of energy to protect the rider's head from direct force on the skull and from that transmitted to the neck and spine.
- The S-M10 shell sizing solution ensures that each helmet size has its appropriate shell to offer the most anatomical solution for different fit needs around the world, in fact 4 different shell sizes S, M, L are available and XL and 6 sizes available for users, from XS to XXL, to guarantee motorcyclists the correct fit which not only improves comfort and reduces the overall weight, but above all improves the effectiveness of the helmet in the event of an impact.
- The construction of the helmet shell uses highly advanced molding technology with a multi-composite combination: 1) 3K, high-density carbon outer layer, which improves the strength and efficiency of energy dissipation on the shell, 2) Unidirectional carbon composite layer that imparts significantly increased radial strength around the shell, preventing compression but allowing controlled deflection to reduce transmitted impact energy, and 3) Aramid fiber layer that provides critical penetration protection.This combination of layers offers even higher performance thanks to the epoxy resin which offers the best possible resistance and the best energy distribution; the limited deflection of the outer shell means that energy spreads more widely and is better absorbed by the 4-density EPS liner.
- The result of the unique shell layering process used in the construction of the S-M10 results in extremely effective impact protection. The S-M10 provides linear and oblique impact performance that exceeds the limits of current helmet regulatory standards. As for direct linear impacts, i.e. an impact with a 90 degree angle between the helmet and an object, the SM10 exceeds the new ECE 22.06 standard for 2024 by an average of 46% for regular speed impacts.New to ECE 22.06, the new requirements include low- and high-speed linear impacts, for which the SM10 exceeds the new ECE 22.06 peak linear acceleration standards by 23% and 28%, respectively.
- For rotational acceleration and oblique impact, where the impact energy comes from an angle other than a linear 90 degree or straight impact, the S-M10 exceeds the new ECE 22.06 standard by 76%. Peak Rotational Acceleration.
- The new chin bar profile, where the base area has been specifically sculpted to provide a raised section, raised to free up the collarbone, with a new softer EPS liner that extends beyond the helmet shell itself, and is covered in a more flexible rubber compound that reduces the chances of collarbone injury.
- •Removable side pads made from a semi-soft polymer for added protection provide a larger contact area to help distribute impact energy.
- The patented A-Head Fitment System allows you to easily adjust the angle and height of the helmet on the head.
- Ultra-ventilated helmet with 28 individual intake and exhaust ports, excluding the eyepiece port, with 18 intakes and 10 exhausts.
- MIPS multi-directional impact protection system.
- Release of the ERS emergency visor and a new visor extension to protect against frost and sun.
- The new ejection technology includes the helmet removal system.
- ECE lightweight 1260g, 1310g with side protectors and 1370g with visor extension.