The brand new SM5 helmet is the result of over five years of intense study, development and testing. We've looked at every possible aspect to design a helmet that's safe and engineered to offer optimal protection and comfort. This lightweight helmet features a thermo-injected shell that incorporates a special polymer blend enhanced by varying degrees of thickness that is designed to offer the optimal combination of impact protection and light weight, while the five-density EPS liner ensures the correct density in every area for greater impact absorption. Other essential design features include an engineered raised area with padding to effectively reduce forces transmitted to the collarbone and a patented visor release system that ensures the visor is released with the right predetermined amount of force, regardless of the angle of impact. .
- The lightweight outer shell is made from a technologically advanced impact resistant thermoplastic in two sizes.
- The internal and external surfaces are designed to minimize the effects of oblique impacts.
- Multiple density inner lining to ensure the correct density in each area for better impact absorption
- The patented visor release system ensures that the visor is released with the right predetermined amount of force, regardless of the angle of impact.
- Maximized ventilation and high levels of heat exchange thanks to the multi-air intakes and outlet slits.
- The visor has been designed to direct air into the vents to improve airflow.
- The pair of side shells with soft EPS foam prevents damage to the collarbone in the event of an accident.
- The emergency release system and removable cheek pads allow for safe and easy removal of the cheek pads while the helmet is still on, while the 3D molded foam ensures rider comfort.
- Comfortable removable lining with antibacterial fabrics treated with Silverplus® for excellent moisture absorption, effectively wicking sweat away from the skin.
- The antimicrobial liner is removable and washable.
- Hydration tube channels are integrated into the helmet cheek pads for added convenience and improved performance.
- Soft 26mm textile chinstrap and is wider than certification requirements for optimum safety and comfort.
- Stainless steel D-rings to ensure a perfect grip.
- A medium size weighs 1260g (ECE) 1370g (DOT).
- The SM5 helmet complies with DOT certification and ECE approval for use around the world.