SPIDI AIR DPS: the most recent evolution of the DPS system, the airbag vest certified according to FB En 1624-2: 2013, the only European standard that guarantees the performance of a motorcycle airbag. A 26 liter cushion wraps around the driver's chest and neck, increasing the level of safety in sensitive areas in the event of an accident. The SPIDI Safety Lab has elevated the traditional DPS technology to the highest level of safety and has endowed it with great ease of use. The certainty of analog activation, the wide range of protection up to the delicate cervical area, the comfort ensured by the low weight and the versatility of use, define it as a world reference product for safety on two wheels.
Accuracy and Safety:
- Activation and inflation: via the Kevlar® cable, connected to the motorcycle, which guarantees the safe and certain activation of the airbag in any fall situation with removal from the vehicle;
- 26 liters of protective air: if the system is triggered, 3.8 meters of air chamber inflate and envelop the motorcyclist, protecting his back, sides, chest and, especially, the neck area.More air, more thickness, more protected areas;
- no interference from external elements that could limit its effectiveness (magnetic fields, radio waves, battery decay, rain, cold, sand): the mechanical system does not require any recharging or maintenance, consequently you can leave with your own vehicle in any time without any worries.
- Lightness: the DPS system is contained in a weight of only 1,070 kg.;
- practicality: it can be worn over any type of jacket, in any season, without the need to multiply seasonal purchases; it features a comfortable adjustable closure at the waist, reflex zones for night-time identification and a jacket/trouser fastening system using the Pants-clip;
- materials: the characteristics that distinguish TexTech, the standard used by SPIDI's Safety Lab in the choice of technical fabrics, are water-repellency, transcription, windbreak, cut resistance, bursting seams and abrasion. In addition, all fabrics are high visibility.